Welcome To The Three Horseshoes
Mole Hill Green / Takeley / Essex / CM22 6PQ / Tel: 01279 870313
The Three Horseshoes is a beautiful family run pub dating back to the 16th Century and is said to the oldest building in the village.
Legend says that the pub was originally used by royalty, highwaymen and travellers as a rest stop and up until recently, the Blacksmith opposite was still operating.
Our famous visitors are said to include the notorious highwayman Dick Turpin who had a residence in nearby Thaxted and Edward VII the then Prince of Wales on his frequent visits to see his good friend Sir Walter Gilbey at Elsenham Hall.
We are the current inn-keepers of this beautiful Grade II Listed building and aim to serve you with fine ale and great home-cooked food with friendly hospitality. Our food is fresh and purchased locally whenever possible.
We have a large beer/events garden with plenty of space for the kids to enjoy themselves, and when the sun shines, the bouncy castle is up! We’re also dog friendly but please keep them under control.
* Family Friendly Atmosphere
* Great Home-Cooked Food & Real Ales
* Fabulous Sunday Roast (Booking advisable)!
* Food Hygiene Rating 5 – Very Good… Best you can get!
* Large Beer Garden with toys for the kids
* Bouncy Castle (Weather permitting)
* Barn/Conservatory for Events & Parties
* BBQ’s, Hog Roasts & Buffets available for events
* LIVE Music 1st Friday of each month!
* Pool Table (Free Pool Wednesdays)!
* Darts & Bar Football
* Patio & Campsite
* Keep up-to-date and check out our ‘WHAT’S ON’ page for bands and events!
Mick & Sandra